Friday, May 25, 2012

Just a little update!

Life happens is an understatement in 2012!  My mom has been in and out of the hospital this year.  I've really failed at a lot of things!!!  In fact, I was just looking over my resolutions and I had forgot a lot of them!  I can't believe it!  I was so pumped and determined.  How did I get so far away from "home"????  Oh well, I'm going to get back on track.  I'm repumped (now that I remember it).  Today's blog is just an update on my life since that was a major reason for this blog. 

Since my mom has been battling her A-Fibs and other health problems due to her A-Fibs things have been very hard.  I think I came close to a nervous breakdown.  This has been one of the most stressful health problems we've dealt with (for me anyways).  Why?  Because a lot of this could of been prevented or stopped by my mom or her cardiologist is it were handled.  Both have made poor choices.  Watching a loved one suffer with an uncontrollable illness is one thing.  Watching a loved one slowly die by choice, is another.  I do believe somethings are going to get better now.  She has a new doctor and I'm confident the new doctor will do what's necessary and cater to their own pride and feelings. 

This school year has been one of the best one's yet.  Also, one of the most unorganized! I'm always a day late and a dollar short but we keep on trucking along.  I'm very proud of my girls! 

I see the two older one's turning into beautiful young ladies and I'm talking about on the inside! 

We bought a new house!  We now live in a better city in general.  It's right by the old city but still, a better group of people for our girls to be brought up around. 

I've definitely taken a step back when it comes to my progress!  I'm ready for my 2 steps forward. 

We've grown a lovely little garden and I'm super proud of the squash and zucchini we've been enjoying from it! 

I've cut out all of my snacking.  I only eat 3 meals a day.  I'm on a mission to make life changes and not just do another diet.  I was inspired by this when a friend of mine's husband passed away from a heart attack unexpectedly as well as from watching my mom suffer with her health.  I'm trying to make better choices during those 3 meals but I don't ever go back to the kitchen between meals.  It's helping me in some way because I've lot 15lbs and haven't counted the first calorie!  :)  I've been doing this for maybe....almost 2 months.  It's progress!

My step son doesn't come around very often.  It's been a nice break from some of his drama but I've been missing him.  Still no word from the other one although we heard through his mother that he will be going on a mission trip to Turkey.  I'm so proud of him!

I definitely didn't name everything we've been doing but there is a little update that one day I'll look back and appreciate right?  I'll blog again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment